South Yorkshire Dance Hub is a network group founded in 2012 and has a voluntary membership comprising of venues, local authorities, arts organisations, educational establishments and artists.
The hub was established by Yorkshire Dance as a result of the Regional Youth Dance Strategy 2012 – 2015. In 2016, the hub revised its membership and the following aims and objective were established.
- Promote access to dance participation and performance in South Yorkshire to ensure more children, young people, adults and older people have access to quality dance provision.
- Work together to connect and strengthen the dance offer in South Yorkshire sharing resource, expertise and knowledge.
- Develop a collective vision for dance in South Yorkshire which considers art form development, participation, audience development and progression routes in dance.
- To contribute to the strategic development of dance and, by association, culture in South Yorkshire.
- To develop a coherent offer for children and young people both in education and community settings.
- To increase connectivity and share information to better understand the dance ecology South Yorkshire.
- To explore fundraising opportunities as a network group, working together to create new opportunities for engagement with dance in South Yorkshire.
- To promote and celebrate dance in South Yorkshire through a joined up approach.
- To play an active role in the development of dance in Yorkshire through engagement with the Regional Dance
- Development Network (RDDN).
Join our FREE mailing list and be kept up-to-date about dance events, training and opportunities
in South Yorkshire.
Join SYDH Mailing List